Family Recreation Center
Pre-registration and Drop-in for Activity Sessions Now Available
Starting on July 6, 2021, the AFRC will offer activity sessions that are available by pre-registration as well as by drop-in.
- Basketball Gym - is available Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri and Sat for 1.5 hour sessions. We highly encourage pre-registration to guarantee a spot in the desired session but drop-ins will be permitted if the session is not full. Please visit our Basketball Gym page for details. Youth basketball leagues will be November 2021 (Ages 3-4) & January 2022 (Ages 7-12).
- Park Rentals - are no longer limited to mass gathering sizes but pavilions may have their own capacity limits. Please check the Facility & Park Rentals Pagefor details.
- Pool - aquatic sessions will be available by pre-registration and by drop-in. We highly encourage pre-registration to guarantee a spot in the desired session but drop-ins will be permitted if the session is not full. Please visit our Pool page for details on registration.
- Weight Room - has been permanently closed.
- Youth Programs -
- Currently offering Camp Cottonwood this summer. Due to limited staffing, only AM or PM weekly sessions are available. Registration opened May 6, 2021 and will remain open until all spots are filled. Camp Cottonwood began May 24, 2021. Please visit our Youth Activities page or Camp Cottonwood page for full details.
- Will be offering After School Frenzy (ASF) this school year. In-house and online registration will open July 7, 2021 at 8 am. Please visit our Youth Activities page or After School Frenzy page for full details.
To enrich the quality of life of our community by providing high-quality, affordable and diverse recreation programs, facilities and services that promote wellness, community and fun for all ages and abilities in a safe and welcoming environment.
The Recreation Department offers numerous wellness opportunities, sports activities, park rentals, and various recreation programs as well as some family-friendly special events that support the needs of our community and enhance the lives of our citizens. The department operates and maintains forty-three facilities and fields.
Registrations & Rentals
You can access us online for activity registrations at https://secure.rec1.com/NM/alamogordo-recreation/catalog. Park rentals can be processed at the Alamogordo Family Recreation Center.
Youth Activity Sponsorship
Activity sponsorship for children of families in need is available. Qualification for an activity sponsorship is based on annual family income level and is contingent upon fund availability. Please contact Alamogordo Family Recreation Center at 575-439-4142 for further information.