Family Recreation Center
Fall Session Schedule Changes
The AFRC is offering the following activity sessions that are available by pre-registration as well as by drop-in. Please check individual pages for more details.
- Adult Lap Swim & Aqua Walk - pool season ends Oct 30, 2021 (weather permitting)
- Schedule change beginning Mon, Oct 4th - please see Aqua Fitness page for updated session information.
- Public Swim- pool season ends Oct 30, 2021 (weather permitting)
- Aquacize Classes- closed for season
- Teen Lap Swim- closed for season
- After School Frenzy
Basketball sessions are by drop-in only.
New to AFRC!
Pickleball Open Gym Sessions
- Wed/Fri 9:00-11:00am
- 2 courts in AFRC Gymnasium
- Pre-registration & drop-ins permitted.
- View our Facility Use Restrictions & Fees page for session use fees.
To enrich the quality of life of our community by providing high-quality, affordable and diverse recreation programs, facilities and services that promote wellness, community and fun for all ages and abilities in a safe and welcoming environment.
The Recreation Department offers numerous wellness opportunities, sports activities, park rentals, and various recreation programs as well as some family-friendly special events that support the needs of our community and enhance the lives of our citizens. The department operates and maintains forty-three facilities and fields.
Registrations & Rentals
You can access us online for activity session & program registrations at https://secure.rec1.com/NM/alamogordo-recreation/catalog. Park rentals can be processed at the Alamogordo Family Recreation Center in person or over the phone.
Youth Activity Sponsorship
Activity sponsorship for children of families in need is available. Qualification for an activity sponsorship is based on annual family income level and is contingent upon fund availability. Please contact Alamogordo Family Recreation Center at 575-439-4142 for further information.