After School Frenzy
Elementary After-school Program
Make the school year fun, exciting and educational by sending your child to ASF at AFRC. Your child will create lasting friendships and memories in a fun, safe, and caring environment. Plus, they will be engaged in a variety of recreational and educational activities, including arts and crafts, field trips, exercise, games, movies, sports, and more.
Registration for ASF Online & In-house
- Visit the AFRC or Register online.
Children are only enrolled for weeks that are fully paid for. Spots are not held for unpaid weeks
Single-day Rates are not available at this time.
The number of open single-day spots is based on overall program enrollment numbers and will only be offered in weeks that do not reach maximum capacity. We are meeting the maximum weekly enrollment at this time. Please check back for updates.
When available, single-day registration will open two weeks in advance, and participants must be enrolled at least one week before the single day you request (i.e., by Wednesday, September 21, for participation on Wednesday, September 28). This ensures we can collect all necessary paperwork before the child's participation in our program.
You can come into the AFRC or call (MUST have a card on file - no payments will be taken over the phone) to register your child for any single day.
Required Registration Forms
If your child has not attended any week of Camp Cottonwood with us for Summer 2023 or any previous week of ASF this fall, then each child will need the following information filled out and turned in to us prior to the start date of the program:
You can print the documents from the links above and bring them with you to the AFRC, or you can complete forms at the AFRC.
- Base Fee: $52 per week
- Single-Day Fees:
- $15 (Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday)
- $18 (Wednesday)
- $30 (Full days - 7:45 am to 5:45 pm)
- Additional fees are charged when the program is expanded to full days, providing care during ‘no school’ days (e.g., parent/teacher conferences, snow days, etc.).
- Any openings in future weeks are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- On weeks with maximum enrollment, children may be placed on a waitlist per parent request.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration.
- Sponsorships are available to qualifying participants (based on annual family income).
- Prices and dates for all programs are subject to change.
Our friendly, trained staff closely supervise activities and children at all times, providing a safe environment in which children are able to relax, explore, and grow!
- Grades: Kindergarten to 5th Grade (Elementary School)
- Dates: August 14, 2023 through May 24, 2024
- Times: After school to 6 pm (Regular Days), 7:45 am to 5:45 pm (Full Days-select days when children are out of school.)
- Note: children must be picked up by designated end time or late fees will be incurred.
- Parents/guardians will acknowledge that ASF adheres to the academic schedule set forth by Alamogordo Public Schools (APS). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Transportation from designated schools is provided within the service area. Elementary Schools include Buena Vista, Desert Star, La Luz, North, Sierra, Sunset Hills, and Yucca.
- Alternate Schools: Children attending schools not listed in the ASF Transportation List (above) may enroll in ASF under the following terms. Parent/guardian is responsible for providing transportation to ASF*.
- After School Clubs: - ASF does not run secondary routes for children in afterschool programs. Parent/guardian with children participating in after school clubs/programs must provide alternative transportation to ASF*.
- * Both instances include any offsite locations noted on the Program Monthly Schedule. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>