Homebound Delivery Service
The library offers free delivery of library books and materials to homebound individuals. Homebound refers to those who are infirm or disabled in such a way as not being able to come to the library. Also, this service is provided to those who are 65 years of age or older and have no means of transportation. Only individuals living within the city limits of Alamogordo qualify for this service. People using the Homebound Delivery Service must also have an Alamogordo Public Library card in good standing.
- Library materials delivery will be once every three weeks on Wednesday between the hours of 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
- The check-out period for all items is three weeks (21 days.) Requests for item renewals or longer checkout periods will be considered.
- Books, large print books, and audio books on CD or Playaway® can be delivered to homebound patrons. DVDs and new books are not eligible for homebound delivery.
- To avoid any confusion, homebound delivery service patrons' cards will be held by the library. If you do not have a valid Alamogordo Public Library card, please contact the library for assistance. 575-439-4140 option 2
- Complete the Homebound Service Interest online form. Interest forms can also be completed over the phone with the assistance of library staff.
- Or print and complete the Homebound Service Interest (PDF) form and return it to the library.
- 2024 Homebound Delivery schedule (PDF)
Curbside Service at the Library
The library also offers curbside delivery for patrons who may not qualify for homebound delivery service. Curbside service is available Fridays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Call the reference desk 575-439-4148 to request up to five library items. (All types of library materials qualify for curbside service.)
- Alternatively, you can choose up to five items from the library's catalog. (Login with your library card number and PIN.)
- Call the library to schedule a pickup time during curbside hours.
- Have your library card and photo ID ready when you arrive to pickup your items.
- Call 575-439-4140 to let us know you have arrived. Staff will bring the items to you in your vehicle.
eBooks and eAudio books
are available to check out from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a library card, an internet connection, a smart device, and the Libby app. Most eReaders (Kindle, Nook) tablets (iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Kindle Fire) and phones (iOS and Android) can be used to enjoy digital content from our OverDrive collection.
Blackstone Unlimited is also available for downloadable audio books. Books in this collection are always available with no holds and no waiting.
Call the reference desk 575-439-4148 for more information or assistance.
Alamogordo Public Library
920 Oregon Avenue
Alamogordo, NM 88310
Phone: 575-439-4140Fax: 575-439-4108
Monday and Tuesday
10 am to 6 pm
Wednesday and Thursday
10 am to 5 pm
11 am to 5 pm
Closed Friday. Curbside pickup and telephone reference 10 am to 4 pm.